Use of Technology in Small Businesses
If you are a small business owner who is not paying attention towards the benefits of technology for your firm then think again. Technology is beneficial not only for large organizations but also for Small Businesses.
It can assist in leveraging limited capital in smarter and more effective ways. Some adjustments might be required for reaping the benefits of these tech-friendly alternatives. The positive side is that the benefits will often outweigh the short-lived challenges of the transitional process.
Haroon Bhatti, CEO at Evolution Advisory, a business consultancy firm based in Michigan shares 20 ways you should use technology for your small business:
- Time tracking software can help you to analyze the amount of time you spend on various business activities.
- Explore open source applications to replace some of the expensive applications.
- Establishment of a digital filing system can make it easier to sort, save, share and find documents.
- Development of an efficient email management process that makes it easier to stay on top of the flow of messages.
- Using an online invoicing service to reduce the costs of collecting payment from customers.
- Creating a new income stream by selling your products online.
- Improving your ongoing bookkeeping process by sharing digital files with your bookkeeper/accountant.
- Use of Social Media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc, to promote your business.
- Use Social Media for conducting customer service.
- Set up an Online Help Desk or Ticket System to handle customer service.
- Go Paperless to save money on supplies and storage in your office.
- Use your smartphone in a productive way.
- Use of Project Management and Task Management software to stay on top of your daily business responsibilities.
- Use of online budget tracking to keep a track of expenses.
- Promotion of business with a website and/or online advertising.
- Establishment of a blog related to your business and target desired audience.
- Use of comprehensive accounting software for streamlining your business finances.
- Communicate quickly with your team through instant messaging.
- To share files locally, set up an Intranet.
- Allow the client to schedule appointments online at their convenience.
Evolution Advisory, provides business consulting services in Michigan including Strategic Advisory, Financial Engineering, Bookkeeping & Marketing Solutions.
To know more about Evolution Advisory and its business services, visit the Service section on the website.